Friday, June 02, 2006

Limit Challenge Update

Okay, I was gone for three weeks, but here's the latest. To catch you up (read it here), I had made it all the way up to $41.07 from my initial $1.20. I had gone from $0.02/$0.04 (level 1) up to $0.50/$1 (level 5) and was knocking on the door for the 1/2 game. Then variance hit and I got knocked back down to $0.10/$0.20 (level 3). I slid through a few levels on the way, but hit bottom and started to climb back out.

Now I'm moving up slowly, two steps forward, one step back style. Played when I got back on Monday evening and made a whooping 4.5BB (well, a bit more...$0.95) to bring me back to $12.02 total and closer to moving up a limit. But then last night I lost $1.65 back to push me down to $10.37. I'm still way, way up, so I have no complaints. I thought the challenge would be about making money in the higher limits, and I still think that when I get there it's going to be tough. But right now it's about grinding out in Low-limit hell when people call all the way down with AK - A10 off, any two suited cards, any two connected cards. I found myself slipping a bit and starting to emulate that play, just being lazy. This challenge is all about the grind, not about being fancy.

So here I sit, at the $0.10/$0.20 game again, grinding. To combat the boredom, I joined a $10+1 SnG that I won, so things aren't all bad. I hope to be back to the $0.25/$0.50 game by the end of the weekend. I'll post again in a bit with an update.

In other news, I'm stoked to be playing in the next Blogger Event, which will be Sunday night HORSE. I'm doing well in mixed-game formats, so I'm hoping to earn some more points here soon. No way I'm going to win it, let alone crack the top 10, but top 20 is a possibility if I can make some more events. Click on the WPBT logo to the right to learn more about the World Poker Blogger's Tour.

Oh, and I'm hoping to take down the "World Blogger Championship of Online Poker" over on PS on the 18th. Or at least do better than my abysmal finish last year in the bottom 10%. Click on the link up there and register if you have a blog. First place is a WSOP main event package, and the whole FT gets a WSOP seat in a $1500 buy-in event. Should be a fun time.

I'll cya at the tables....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home