Monday, May 01, 2006

Good news and Bad news...

THE BAD
We'll start with the bad news. I played in the WPBT Stud Event #4 last night and Vegaas really had my number. I'd have a good starting hand (kings buried once) and he would have an A for his door card. I'd raise, he'd call. His next card would be an A. This happened 3 times. It was horrible. I eventually got so low I had to go in with 7K7. He had 9J10, then a Q, then a J and I was done. GG me.

THE GOOD
So the good news is on the limit challenge. I have successfully grown my initial $1.20 into$22.22, and I'm now on Level 4 playing .25/.50 limit. You remember my goal is to make it to level 9 ($5/$10) by Christmas. Looks like Christmas might come early this year. I don't want to get too cocky though, as the cards have been running well for me. I figure I will have to have at least one bad run that will knock me back 2-3 levels here sometime. I just hope I can make it to 2/4 or 3/6 before I hit that bad run.

Other than that, I'm still doing well. Since I started the limit challenge, my online roll has actually gone +$260ish (but $60 is from bonus money). I have had a few good finishes (including 3rd in the WBPT DADI event). I really need to work on my heads-up play however. In 131 SnGs this year, I am 42.7% (56 times) in the money. I have 11 firsts, 27 seconds, and 17 thirds (and one 6th in a 45-person SnG). That's way too many 2nds, so now I know what I need to work on. I may try a few HU SnGs just to practice that part of my game.

I also made it into Full Tilt's $15K Silver Freeroll (I miscalculated one day and got 99.4 points. Whoops, that was it I was out of the $20K Gold). I'm not going to do this again for May, as I'll be gone for a lot of May for work.

Well, time to light the grill and cook some meat. I love springtime. I'll cya at the tables.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Hrbek said...

grilled today also -- nice times.

I'm .43 from moving to .10/.20. Played with Thasch/AZPhishi today in the challenge.

HOH2 is huge jump start for HU play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home