Saturday, April 22, 2006

The limit challenge...how far can you get on $1.20?

Okay, here's the plan. I have been crushing the limit games lately whenever I play. I seem to have hit a great groove there. So I started to think about it. Limit is very structured, very organized and takes a lot of discipline to play correctly.

I had a downswing this week, and started to look at my hand histories, and noticed that I have been getting sloppy. Starting to call with marginal hands to see a flop. Starting to raise with some other marginal hands in position. This is a huge no-no. Limit is all about discipline.

So to work on my discipline, I'm going to set a challenge for myself. I want to turn $1.20 into $300 by Christmas. Can it be done?

I'm only a part time player. I try to play for about an hour to an hour and a half a day during the week, and maybe 3-4 hours on the weekend, sometimes more if I make a run at a bigger MTT. I choose $1.20 because it is the lowest limit game at the sites that I play currently. I will start at PokerStars on a $0.02/$0.04 limit table.

Here's the rules: I have to sit with 30BB. If I break my run into several sessions (which I know I will) when I join a new table it will be with 30BB only. When I get 30BB for the next level, I will move to that level. PS has big blinds of $0.04, $0.10, $0.20, $0.50, $1, $2, $4, $6, $10, $20, $30, $60, then $200.

If I drop below 15 BB at one of the limits, I have to move back. This should keep me competitive at whatever level I am at, and instill that discipline that I need in a limit game. This should really help me focus.

I started today and played for about an hour and a half. I am up to $1.95 from the $1.20. so not quite 19 BB. Not a bad start. I think that the low levels will move fast, but this will get tough as I get into the middle levels ($4-$10 blind levels). I'm guessing I should be able to average moving up a level and being able to stay there about once a month. This should put me to my goal of $300 by Christmas.

I'll keep you all updated. Check back often to see how things are going.

I'll cya at the tables.

2 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Hrbek said...

i'm down with this challenge. I'll update any progress later.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Nice job last night in the DADI 5. If you have a PokerSourceOnline ID, please let me know what it is so I can get you the free 10,000 points for coming in 3rd place.

If you don't have an ID, let me know so I can give you instrux.

Either way, please email me...

jaxon59@yahoo.com

Thanks,
TripJax

 

Post a Comment

<< Home