Sunday, September 10, 2006

Variance and frustration

Okay, so for those of you who don't know...I've been running bad. VERY bad. -$300 this month bad. I keep trying to tell myself that it is just variance...that I want the donkeys to call my all in with Q7 (cause it is SOOOOOTED) vs my AK.

But there comes a time when doubt and frustration start to creep in. When you start to wonder "is it me? What am I doing that has made this happen?"

I am there. I had a bad month, but made it to the Bronze Freeroll on Full Tilt and got myself a free $12.50. But I would have needed first to feel good about it, and I didn't come close.

So what do you do to deal with frustration? If I have any readers left out there, post your "voodoo" here...hurry. I'm about to go with some of Sly's suggestions. And that is a true sign of desperation.

3 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you playing?

my advice is change it up... if youre playing certain ring limits.. drop it down to nickel dime.. turneys: drop down to the dollas.

not for practice or because you arent good enough for anything better, but because you arent doing the most important thing in poker

HAVING FUN!!!

You cant lose that, when you arent having fun you need to break thru the bad cards and have a good time.

T

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger SmBoatDrinks said...

NOOOO!!! Don't do it!!!

If you want to keep Sly's suggestions as a last resort, I would suggest:

1. Mixing it up. Try a different game or a little HORSE for a change of pace & then go back to hold'em.

2. Change something else (i.e. I rarely drink while playing on-line, but decided I needed to change it up last night & cashed in 2 MTT's for the 1st time in a while!)

3. Switch styles for a game..... check raise w/bottom pair!

Variance is a cruel mistress!

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, youre going on a month of no posting

get busy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home