Sunday, August 13, 2006

Updates, new article in the works

Hello all. Hope that the poker tables have been treating you well. It is time again for some updates.

As I mentioned in my last email, I had 5% in someone for the ME. That someone was Khanwoman (aka Teresa) a fellow player that I met through the fulltiltforum.com. She has her own blog with stories right over there on the right (T's Spot). Check out her blog for some more details on her run at the WSOP.

She did very well. She got her money in with the best of it most of the time (all a poker player can ask for) but ran into some troubles when she had 10-10 vs Q-Q and the board came undercards. That left her short stacked, and she finally went out when her 6-6 was outdrawn on the turn by A-10.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with her run to get there. The reason I got the 5% goes all the way back to the "PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker". T, Myself, and Steeler all decided to play in the tourney and all took 5% of each other just for kicks. Steeler was first to exit, I was next. But T slugged it out through a field of 2300+ to finish in 17th place. No small accomplishment. This was enough to net her a seat in the "150-seat guarantee" tourney that Pokerstars put on in July. This was a $350+20 buy in event and has the record for "the largest Main Event satellite, ever".

Our fearless heroine sat down to duke it out with 7000+ of her closest friends to attempt to "freeroll" into a seat (the blogger championship was a freeroll, no entry fee). After hours of play, she made it! The satellite paid out seats to the top 235ish (don't remember the exact number). T was in the middle of the pack when the tourney ended.

So she made it through two enormous fields to get into the big dance. She did everyone proud. And maybe I can get 5% of her again next year.

In other news, my roll has been up and down again recently. I have been trying for a while to perfect a new strategy (new to me, not to others). That will be the topic for the next post. It is a work in progress. Check back soon.

Meanwhile, I'll cya at the tables.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger t said...

awww thanks!!!

ya the TT vs QQ was bad, but my KQ hand in the bb is what did me in to a short stack.

but hey, i spent 9 days in vegas for free!!

thanks for the plug tho!! see ya saturday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home