Wednesday, October 03, 2007

NLO8

Evening and thanks for stopping by. Tonights' musings will deal with that strange game, No-Limit Omaha High/Low split, also known as NLO8.

I used to think that people who played this were sick. It must be contagious, because the bug has now bitten me as well. I started playing PLO8 and had a friend give me a few tips on moving into NLO8.

Why do I like it now? To me, there is a pretty good strategy to use in NLO8 that won't work anywhere else. It is mathematically based. It is easy to understand. And it works. Variance can be high (I had a huge downswing to start) but you just need to ensure that you follow some simple bankroll rules.

I know that this sounds cryptic, but I know a few people who are making a killing at this game, and I don't want to spoil the party. The strategy is damn easy to figure out if you watch any of the higher limit games for a while, or look for me on the lower-limit tables. If you're nice to me, I might share the wealth.

The pros that I have seen have yet to figure out a counter. I don't know if there really is one, other than playing uber-tight and even then the variance might do you in if you aren't funded.

Wow, this is fun. I'll cya at the tables.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Peter said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog Pokerweblogs.com. .It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

Greets Peter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home