Tuesday, November 01, 2005

MTT Action 11/1/2005

Well, not what I wanted, at all. 139th out of 175. Two suckouts and I'm out. I thought both were appropriate plays, just bad luck. Here's all 6 hands that I played. Give me your thoughts. Anything anyone would have done different?

FullTiltPoker Game #273966731: $10 + $1 Tournament (1707487), Table 5 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:01:00 ET - 2005/11/01
The button is in seat #9
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IlliniFan [As 2s]
DLOOO folds
northernplayer folds
DiggaDog raises to 60
showboat74 folds
firedevil200 folds
snopro87 calls 60
threadman calls 45
IlliniFan calls 30 Note-this is the first hand in the tourney, so I wanted to see the flop
*** FLOP *** [Jd 7c Qd]
threadman bets 240
IlliniFan folds I'm out, but noticed the action and used it later
DiggaDog calls 240
snopro87 folds
*** TURN *** [Jd 7c Qd] [Th]
threadman bets 720
DiggaDog calls 720
*** RIVER *** [Jd 7c Qd Th] [Qc]
threadman bets 480, and is all in
DiggaDog folds
Uncalled bet of 480 returned to threadman
threadman mucks
threadman wins the pot (2,160)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,160 | Rake 0
Board: [Jd 7c Qd Th Qc]
Seat 1: threadman (small blind) collected (2,160), mucked
Seat 2: IlliniFan (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: DLOOO didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: northernplayer didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: DiggaDog folded on the River
Seat 6: showboat74 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: firedevil200 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: snopro87 folded on the Flop



FullTiltPoker Game #273968095: $10 + $1 Tournament (1707487), Table 5 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:02:12 ET - 2005/11/01
Seat 1: threadman (2,640)
Seat 2: IlliniFan (1,440)
Seat 3: DLOOO (1,500)
Seat 4: northernplayer (1,500)
Seat 5: DiggaDog (480)
Seat 6: showboat74 (1,500)
Seat 7: firedevil200 (1,500)
Seat 8: snopro87 (1,440)
IlliniFan posts the small blind of 15
DLOOO posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IlliniFan [Jc Th]
northernplayer folds
DiggaDog calls 30
showboat74 folds
firedevil200 calls 30
snopro87 folds
threadman calls 30
IlliniFan calls 15 worth a call with the limpers
DLOOO checks
*** FLOP *** [Qh Qc 9h]
IlliniFan checks
DLOOO checks
DiggaDog checks
firedevil200 checks
threadman checks
*** TURN *** [Qh Qc 9h] [7h]
IlliniFan checks
DLOOO checks
DiggaDog checks
firedevil200 checks
threadman checks
*** RIVER *** [Qh Qc 9h 7h] [7c]
IlliniFan checks
DLOOO checks
DiggaDog checks
firedevil200 checks
wallygator62 sits down
wallygator62 adds 1,500
threadman bets 30
IlliniFan folds nope, I don't have an A, so I'm not even going to call the small bet
DLOOO folds
DiggaDog folds
firedevil200 calls 30
*** SHOW DOWN ***
threadman shows [6s 5s] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)
firedevil200 shows [2d Ah] (two pair, Queens and Sevens)
firedevil200 wins the pot (210) with two pair, Queens and Sevens
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 210 | Rake 0
Board: [Qh Qc 9h 7h 7c]
Seat 1: threadman (button) showed [6s 5s] and lost with two pair, Queens and Sevens
Seat 2: IlliniFan (small blind) folded on the River
Seat 3: DLOOO (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 4: northernplayer didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: DiggaDog folded on the River
Seat 6: showboat74 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: firedevil200 showed [2d Ah] and won (210) with two pair, Queens and Sevens
Seat 8: snopro87 didn't bet (folded)



FullTiltPoker Game #273971095: $10 + $1 Tournament (1707487), Table 5 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:04:56 ET - 2005/11/01
Seat 1: threadman (2,580)
Seat 2: IlliniFan (1,410)
Seat 3: DLOOO (2,370)
Seat 4: northernplayer (1,320)
Seat 5: DiggaDog (450)
Seat 6: showboat74 (780)
Seat 7: firedevil200 (1,650)
Seat 8: snopro87 (1,440)
Seat 9: wallygator62 (1,500)
northernplayer posts the small blind of 15
DiggaDog posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IlliniFan [6h Ah]
showboat74 folds
firedevil200 calls 30
snopro87 folds
wallygator62 has 15 seconds left to act
wallygator62 is sitting out
wallygator62 has timed out
wallygator62 folds
threadman calls 30
IlliniFan raises to 130 one off the button, let's see how married people are to their limping hands
wallygator62 has returned
DLOOO folds
northernplayer folds
DiggaDog calls 100
firedevil200 calls 100
threadman folds
*** FLOP *** [7c 2h Ts]
DiggaDog bets 320, and is all in okay, this guy is the guy who chased to the river the first hand and crippled himself. I'm not going to give him any more chips, and I missed.
firedevil200 folds
IlliniFan folds
Uncalled bet of 320 returned to DiggaDog
DiggaDog mucks
DiggaDog wins the pot (435)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 435 | Rake 0
Board: [7c 2h Ts]
Seat 1: threadman folded before the Flop
Seat 2: IlliniFan folded on the Flop
Seat 3: DLOOO (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: northernplayer (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: DiggaDog (big blind) collected (435), mucked
Seat 6: showboat74 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: firedevil200 folded on the Flop
Seat 8: snopro87 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: wallygator62 didn't bet (folded)



FullTiltPoker Game #273977734: $10 + $1 Tournament (1707487), Table 5 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:10:56 ET - 2005/11/01
Seat 1: threadman (3,390)
Seat 2: IlliniFan (1,280)
Seat 3: DLOOO (2,370)
Seat 4: northernplayer (1,815)
Seat 5: DiggaDog (635)
Seat 6: showboat74 (720)
Seat 7: firedevil200 (1,460)
Seat 8: snopro87 (360)
Seat 9: wallygator62 (1,470)
firedevil200 posts the small blind of 15
snopro87 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IlliniFan [9c Ks]
wallygator62 folds
threadman folds
IlliniFan calls 30 I know, loose call. Should I raise here with this in early position? I just wanted to see the flop cheap with marginal cards.
DLOOO folds
northernplayer folds
DiggaDog folds
showboat74 folds
firedevil200 folds
snopro87 checks
*** FLOP *** [8s 9h Td] but I hit 2nd pair, decent kicker.
snopro87 bets 330, and is all in
IlliniFan calls 330 In my opinion, worth the call.
snopro87 shows [Jh 5d] Good, he's on a draw. 8 outs. I can live with that.
IlliniFan shows [9c Ks]
*** TURN *** [8s 9h Td] [Tc] Good
*** RIVER *** [8s 9h Td Tc] [Qd] Ick
snopro87 shows a straight, Queen high
IlliniFan shows two pair, Tens and Nines
snopro87 wins the pot (735) with a straight, Queen high
PoeticTragdy (Observer): good clal
The blinds are now 20/40
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 735 | Rake 0
Board: [8s 9h Td Tc Qd]
Seat 1: threadman didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: IlliniFan showed [9c Ks] and lost with two pair, Tens and Nines
Seat 3: DLOOO didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: northernplayer didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: DiggaDog didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: showboat74 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: firedevil200 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 8: snopro87 (big blind) showed [Jh 5d] and won (735) with a straight, Queen high
Seat 9: wallygator62 didn't bet (folded)


FullTiltPoker Game #273982822: $10 + $1 Tournament (1707487), Table 5 - 20/40 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:15:37 ET - 2005/11/01
Seat 1: threadman (3,150)
Seat 2: IlliniFan (880)
Seat 3: DLOOO (1,430)
Seat 4: northernplayer (1,635)
Seat 5: DiggaDog (1,195)
Seat 6: showboat74 (1,520)
Seat 7: firedevil200 (1,665)
Seat 8: snopro87 (715)
Seat 9: wallygator62 (1,310)
IlliniFan posts the small blind of 20
DLOOO posts the big blind of 40
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IlliniFan [4s 3s]
northernplayer calls 40
DiggaDog folds
showboat74 calls 40
firedevil200 calls 40
snopro87 folds
wallygator62 folds
threadman calls 40
IlliniFan calls 20 I'd like higher suited connectors, but it is cheap to see the flop. I don't think a raise from the SB is appropriate with this hand.
DLOOO checks
*** FLOP *** [8h Qd Qs]
IlliniFan checks
DLOOO checks
northernplayer checks
showboat74 bets 240
firedevil200 folds
threadman folds
IlliniFan folds Now I can get out cheap.
DLOOO folds
northernplayer calls 240
*** TURN *** [8h Qd Qs] [Tc]
northernplayer checks
showboat74 bets 720
northernplayer raises to 1,355, and is all in
showboat74 calls 520, and is all in
northernplayer shows [9s Js] These guys are crazy...he called a huge bet on the flop against possible trips or a FH, for a gutshot, and hit it. Bad play, in my opinion.
showboat74 shows [Jh Th]
Uncalled bet of 115 returned to northernplayer
*** RIVER *** [8h Qd Qs Tc] [Jc]
northernplayer shows a straight, Queen high
showboat74 shows two pair, Queens and Jacks
northernplayer wins the pot (3,200) with a straight, Queen high
showboat74 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3,200 | Rake 0
Board: [8h Qd Qs Tc Jc]
Seat 1: threadman (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 2: IlliniFan (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: DLOOO (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: northernplayer showed [9s Js] and won (3,200) with a straight, Queen high
Seat 5: DiggaDog didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: showboat74 showed [Jh Th] and lost with two pair, Queens and Jacks
Seat 7: firedevil200 folded on the Flop
Seat 8: snopro87 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: wallygator62 didn't bet (folded)


FullTiltPoker Game #273989010: $10 + $1 Tournament (1707487), Table 5 - 25/50 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:21:13 ET - 2005/11/01
Seat 1: threadman (3,070)
Seat 2: IlliniFan (840)
Seat 3: DLOOO (1,350)
Seat 4: northernplayer (2,995)
Seat 5: DiggaDog (995)
Seat 6: ZDubs12 (3,575)
Seat 7: firedevil200 (1,305)
Seat 8: snopro87 (995)
Seat 9: wallygator62 (1,950)
DiggaDog posts the small blind of 25
ZDubs12 posts the big blind of 50
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IlliniFan [Kc Jd]
firedevil200 folds
snopro87 folds
wallygator62 folds
threadman raises to 100 he's been playing with suited connectors, etc. I have position on him. I'm thinking I can outplay him or hit the flop with this hand.
IlliniFan calls 100
DLOOO folds
northernplayer folds
DiggaDog calls 75 Great. This guy is a calling station
ZDubs12 folds
*** FLOP *** [Td 8d Jh]
DiggaDog checks
threadman bets 350
IlliniFan raises to 740, and is all in Okay. I have top pair, 2nd kicker. In the 1st hand this guy went very aggressive, so I want to push him out. I don't think he has AJ.
DiggaDog folds
threadman calls 390 Uh oh...maybe he does.
IlliniFan shows [Kc Jd]
threadman shows [Qh Ac] Nope. Just the gutshot, and an A. 7 outs
*** TURN *** [Td 8d Jh] [4s] Still okay unless he hits his his 9 or A
*** RIVER *** [Td 8d Jh 4s] [Ah] Of course
IlliniFan shows a pair of Jacks
threadman shows a pair of Aces
threadman wins the pot (1,830) with a pair of Aces
IlliniFan stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1,830 | Rake 0
Board: [Td 8d Jh 4s Ah]
Seat 1: threadman showed [Qh Ac] and won (1,830) with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: IlliniFan showed [Kc Jd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 3: DLOOO didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: northernplayer (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: DiggaDog (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 6: ZDubs12 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 7: firedevil200 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 8: snopro87 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: wallygator62 didn't bet (folded)

So, how did I do? I thought this was just a case of bad luck. Looking back, I did have the loose call with K9 that ended up costing me quite a bit, and then the KJ. But I see a lot of people playing these hands for cheap and then getting away after the flop. Am I too loose with these plays?

Complete Hand History: HERE

13 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Illini, this is just me talking, so take that for what it's worth. I'm not thrilled to death with your raise with the A6h. While your opposition prolly had worse hands, this is still a drawing hand, that has to hit to be profitable. I would have rather limped with position than raised with position. That's just me though. Otherwise, just a couple of draw outs on ya, and you know it happens to the best of us. BTW, nice call with the K9. I wouldn't have been able to do that.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger IlliniFan97 said...

Thanks for the thoughts, ct. This may be a weakness in my game. I try to not limp from that late of a position. If I am going to play, I'm going to show strength. I'll look at some of my other plays to see if this is a leak.

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw u did pretty decent in "Isn't it Grand" tonight, but bubbled...:( I couldn't play in it. I seem to have trouble around the bubble. I was wondering if you had any critical hands for discussion. Just a thought.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the final had vs AQ, the guy had a double gutshot draw, any 9 or K makes a str8 along with the Ace out.

 
At 7:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi IlliniFan97 your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on clay composite poker chips I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about clay composite poker chips. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at clay composite poker chips. You never know you may find some good deals!

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW IlliniFan97. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on poker card chips. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though this post really isn’t on the same page as poker card chips I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at poker card chips. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. IlliniFan97 I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on ceramic poker chips and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to ceramic poker chips. I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog

 
At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about custom clay poker chips . Silly internet bringing me here :-) Funny I have been doing hours of research on custom clay poker chips and it brought me to your blog on this post. The web plays funny games sometimes. Anyways, I was reading your blog IlliniFan97 and I think it is really cool. Keep up the great work.
If you do not mind I may snag your blog and put it in my favorites. I read a ton of stuff that interested me. Keep blogging away :-)

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW IlliniFan97. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on poker chip keychains. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though this post really isn’t on the same page as poker chip keychains I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at poker chip keychains. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on-line searching for hours for information regarding clay composite poker chips and stumbled across your blog during my journey :-) IlliniFan97 your blog is really amazing! Keep up the great work. Obviously my search on clay composite poker chips was way off when compared to this post and find it funny how it landed me here. The internet is a funny thing. Anyways, great job on your blogging and keep up the good work! I been searching for clay composite poker chips for over 2 hours and needed a break from it. I started reading your blog and really enjoyed it.
P.S I will add you to my favorites so I can come back and visit later

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad to say I just got back from a bowling tournament and decided to log in and do some websurfing. IlliniFan97 I love your blog. I had some very good laughs. I am doing a paper on poker chips set for sale and have been downloading information for the last hour. I don’t know how I came across this post but I am glad I did. It has set me back a little because I have spent the last hour reading your archives. If you don’t mind I would like to add you to my favorites so I can back again and read some more. Well I need to get back to poker chips set for sale. I am almost finished with it. Great job.
p.s some very good points on your blog

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi IlliniFan97 your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on poker chip racks I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about poker chip racks. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at poker chip racks. You never know you may find some good deals!

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi IlliniFan97 your blog is really great! Wow :-) As I was out blog surfing and surfing the web for detailed info on poker chip trick videos I stumbled across your blog. Obviously my search landed me here and it is a little off subject compared to this post, but I am certainly glad I did come across your blog. Did I already tell you I like it! If you would not mind, I would like to add your link to my "favorites" page to come back and read again sometime. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about poker chip trick videos. Again, great blog and keep up the great work!
P.S.S If you want to bookmark my site I am at poker chip trick videos. You never know you may find some good deals!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home